Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Will going to boarding school help you earn admission into a highly selective university?

2»

Replies to: Will going to boarding school help you earn admission into a highly selective university?

• narcissediaz98narcissediaz98 Registered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
    To somewhat add to @ChoatieMom’s post, boarding schools also provide a network of people that your kid cannot make attending a local school. This is what I found to be the most valuable to come out of my time at BS. It expands your world, heart, and mind to live with kids and adults who come from all walks of life and backgrounds. Some would argue that you can get this in college but I say why not start on your network earlier? :)
  • dkgjd932dkgjd932 Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    @gardenstategal shared account. We both use it.
  • preppedparentpreppedparent Registered User Posts: 3,189 Senior Member
    Let's also not make sweeping assumptions about any minority group such as in #5 "Asian students...preoccupied with Ivy League." I think Asian culture promotes the belief that working hard equates with success. In our ORM circles, HYPS, Cal, and other top private colleges are valued over lower ivies like Brown, Penn, Cornell and Dartmouth.
  • gardenstategalgardenstategal Registered User Posts: 4,159 Senior Member
    @dkgjd932 , that's not permitted.
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 35,238 Super Moderator
    MODERATOR'S NOTE:
    Closing thread. This topic has been asked many many times before. But more importantly, as OP has admitted, there are multiple users sharing this account, which aside from confusing users, violated ToS. So the whole thread is now fruit of the poisonous tree.
2»
This discussion has been closed.