right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We've updated the Topics page of our website to better organize and share our expert content. Read more about it here.

Middles School Scholarship(8th Grade)

ReddyMomReddyMom 18 replies4 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
All, Please let me know any good scholarships for 8th grader.
7 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Middles School Scholarship(8th Grade)

• ReddyMomReddyMom 18 replies4 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Any links would be appreciated... Thank you so much
    · Reply · Share
  • AboutTheSameAboutTheSame 3099 replies47 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited July 26
    No ideas about middle school scholarships, but if you have a talented 7th grader [i.e., entering 7th grade this year], you should look at the Caroline D. Bradley scholarships for high school. https://educationaladvancement.org/caroline-d-bradley-scholarship/
    edited July 26
    · Reply · Share
    Thank you AboutTheSame, He applied but was not a finalist. So looking for more options....
    · Reply · Share
  • gardenstategalgardenstategal 5616 replies10 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    A Better Chance?
    · Reply · Share
  • Jli011Jli011 6 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    I believe the The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Young Scholars Program is the only other option. However, the deadline has past I think. That being said, many high schools have generous financial aid offerings themselves, so you could definitely have your son apply to a high school next year and see if the financial aid is enough.
    · Reply · Share
  • gardenstategalgardenstategal 5616 replies10 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    JCK's focus is not BS. I think their emphasis is on staying local. Definitely look into it and ask the question, though, because this is sometimes an option. And if anyone here has experience, it would be helpful to know.

My sense is that if you have good local options, you will be supported to take advantage of that (i.e. test prep for public magnets.). With that said, someone who wins this would probably have a good shot at FA from a BS
    · Reply · Share
    Thank you All for your inputs. We do not qualify for the JCK. And he didn't make it to the Caroline Bradley Scholarship, so was looking at other options.
    · Reply · Share