right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Scholarship for high school

sonatarhiasonatarhia 12 replies4 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
What are some good scholarships to apply to help pay for high school (private or boarding)? For example, I'm aware of the Caroline Bradley scholarship. Are there other similar scholarships (either full or partial financial help)? TIA.
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Scholarship for high school

• gardenstategalgardenstategal 5575 replies10 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Take a look at A Better Chance. I don't know the ins and outside of it, but the kids in the program get placed well (with FA.)
    · Reply · Share
  • Jli011Jli011 6 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    The The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Young Scholars Program is another option
    · Reply · Share
  • TheHappinessFundTheHappinessFund 5 replies3 threadsRegistered User New Member
    This is a bit late, but as an ABC candidate, I just want to tell you that A Better Chance doesn't give out scholarships or financial aid. They are great resources for helping minority kids get into school though, so if your kid is eligible, I encourage you to apply!
    · Reply · Share
  • RedLionessRedLioness 87 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @gardenstategal A Better Chance actually isn't responsible for getting their Scholars FA, it's just that most kids who apply via ABC need a sizable amount

@sonatarhia at most schools, you can get FA of your own merit. I don't know if you want more than that or not, however...
    · Reply · Share
  • gardenstategalgardenstategal 5575 replies10 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    @TheHappinessFund is correct. ABC works with partner schools that generally "reserve" FA for them. But technically, the money doesn't come from them.
    · Reply · Share