right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We have changed the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Boarding School Applications (SSAT, DA, PA, PEA, Interviews)

MaxingtonMaxington 9 replies3 threads New Member
Let's all help each other out with the complex application process, fellow applicants, parents, and others!
10 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Boarding School Applications (SSAT, DA, PA, PEA, Interviews)

• Golfgr8Golfgr8 1150 replies20 threads Senior Member
    How are the interviews going? Any surprises at schools? Any advice you can share about the experience to other students? Were the tours & interviews what you expected?
    · Reply · Share
    How are the interviews going? Any surprises at schools? Any advice you can share about the experience to other students? Were the tours & interviews what you expected?
    · Reply · Share
  • MaxingtonMaxington 9 replies3 threads New Member
    Who are those questions for?
    · Reply · Share
    My questions above were for the OP and anyone else who wants to hear from applicants, parents, students....etc....it’s been quiet on this thread...must be the crickets!
    · Reply · Share
  • mondaydevilmondaydevil 102 replies9 threads Junior Member
    Exeter asked me so many "why" questions. It was really difficult, but I think I left a good impression.
    · Reply · Share
  • MaxingtonMaxington 9 replies3 threads New Member
    Could you explain more about that?
    · Reply · Share
  • mondaydevilmondaydevil 102 replies9 threads Junior Member
    Sure! I can't remember many questions off the top of my head, but I remember mentioning that I would rather go to the charter school than the public school, and they asked me why. I just vaguely answered that there wouldn't be the best influences, and the asked me why. I definitely wasn't prepared for that one, haha. Just be prepared to be put on the spot!
    · Reply · Share
  • one1ofeachone1ofeach 301 replies9 threads Member
    It’s not so much putting you on the spot it’s that they want to have a conversation with you. So if you mention something they are expecting to discuss it. They don’t want one word/one sentence answers. Be prepared to talk back and forth about anything that comes up.
    · Reply · Share
  • rballou20rballou20 2 replies0 threads New Member
    I am a current student at Deerfield Academy- let me know if you have any questions :)
    · Reply · Share
  • flowergirl1214flowergirl1214 14 replies0 threads New Member
    I'm a current student at Exeter, and I can answer any questions you have!
    · Reply · Share