right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Sports recruitment

soulsurvivorsoulsurvivor 4 replies2 threads New Member
How important is a sport recruitment recommendation from a coach? Does it make a big impact on your chances if a coach writes a letter to admissions that they would like you on their team?
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Sports recruitment

• one1ofeachone1ofeach 811 replies17 threads Member
    Very much depends on the school and the coach and the applicant’s other qualifications. So if an applicant is academically in line a coach’s support will help at most schools. If an applicant is below the average academically there are some schools that will take them if a coach wants them and some that will not.

In my experience it’s more than “a letter.” I’ve witnessed conversations and I think that’s a more likely scenario.

If you want to talk about specific schools those of us with knowledge of those schools might be more helpful.
    · Reply · Share
  • 417WHB417WHB 205 replies4 threads Junior Member
    They don't write a letter, they either call or walk to the admissions office and talk. If your academics are in the ballpark and you are full pay it is as good of a hook as you can get. If not, it may be less helpful but still a plus depending on a lot of other factors. Also depends on the sport, they care about some a lot more than others (and this varies by the school too).
    · Reply · Share