right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Is this email from Peddie normal to receive?

ezpeaohgeeezpeaohgee 50 replies3 threads Junior Member
edited February 24 in Prep School Admissions
Hello! I had a really quick question about this email that was sent to me from my interviewer at Peddie.

My interviewer recently emailed me and thanked me for putting together a well-done application. She said she wanted to reach out to me about it and said that she really enjoyed reading it. Is this normal for admission officers to do or was my application that great?

Thank you and have a great day to whoever who reads and replies!
edited February 24
9 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Is this email from Peddie normal to receive?

• ezpeaohgeeezpeaohgee 50 replies3 threads Junior Member
    @skieurope Thanks for the feedback! This saved me a ton of time dissecting lol
    · Reply · Share
  • sgopal2sgopal2 3761 replies51 threads Senior Member
    I wouldn't read much into it. The schools sometimes sends feelers out like this. I would just personally reply back and thank them for their time and just reinforce your interest.

It doesn't mean you are accepted or if you are denied. Who knows why they do this, but there are scores of examples here where outreach this late resulted in a denial. But then other cases where students were accepted. Don't read too much into it.
    · Reply · Share
    @sgopal2 Thanks for the advice! I’ve already thanked her for the kind words.
    · Reply · Share
  • bantonovbantonov 18 replies4 threads Junior Member
    we did not receive a similar letter. Your app must have been good.
    · Reply · Share
    @bantonov Oh this may be due to the fact that they have not viewed your application yet. She mentioned that she read it before she sent it to me. I’m sure your applications just as great!
    · Reply · Share
  • skieuropeskieurope 40797 replies7569 threads Super Moderator
    bantonov wrote: »
    we did not receive a similar letter. Your app must have been good.

Read nothing into receive a letter. Read nothing into not receiving a letter.
    · Reply · Share
  • stargirl3stargirl3 3400 replies37 threads Senior Member
    I once received a thank-you note from an interviewer after that school had rejected me. I interviewed end of January, note came after March 10. It must've gotten lost somewhere in the two towns between my house and said school.
    · Reply · Share
  • stalecookiesstalecookies 106 replies6 threads Junior Member
    stargirl3 wrote: »
    I once received a thank-you note from an interviewer after that school had rejected me. I interviewed end of January, note came after March 10. It must've gotten lost somewhere in the two towns between my house and said school.

Golly! It's a good thing that you have a healthy sense of humor. (I saw your rejection letter thread.)
    · Reply · Share