right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Andover vs Exeter

dancingpianistdancingpianist 8 replies2 threads New Member
Hi guys! i hope you guys are all well during this pandemic :/

I got into Andover, Exeter, Taft, and St Andrews. (grade 9) (international) (boarder)
I have no legacy so I don't personally know much about the schools.

I am a:
- professional dancer (10 years) (ballet, contemp, jazz, hip-hop) (semi finalist at international competition) (offered admission to prestigious ballet school but didn't go as I don't want to be a professional dancer)
- grade 8 pianist (9 years)
- environmental "activist": (internship, student leader within clubs, PSA projects)
- track and field

I'm interested in:
- language (i speak 4 = english, mandarin, japanese and cantonese)
- english + humanities
- philosophy
- conjunctive sciences
- biology

I am currently leaning towards as Andover because of the strong art and humanities programs. I also got the best "vibe" when I visited.

Do you guys think it's the best school for me?
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Andover vs Exeter

• dancingpianistdancingpianist 8 replies2 threads New Member
    posted this twice - oops
    · Reply · Share
  • ens2006ens2006 187 replies7 threads Junior Member
    I know a little bit about Andover and Exeter. I had interviews with both schools, but I never actually submitted my applications.

This decision is super personal, and it requires a lot of self reflection. Where do YOU think you'll thrive? Where do YOU envision yourself?

Objectively speaking, I think that Andover may suit you better. As you said, Andover has very strong arts and humanities programs. Exeter is definitely more STEM oriented.

Either way, they're both excellent schools, and I'm sure you'll be happy with either decision! (:
    · Reply · Share