Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

What do people wear in Exeter??

124»

Replies to: What do people wear in Exeter??

• cutiedidacutiedida Registered User Posts: 486 Member
    How strict is Exeter on the whole fingertip length shorts and skirts? Like can I just wear my normal kind of really short shorts?
  • seikuuseikuu Registered User Posts: 237 Junior Member
    dress code always depends on teacher...

some teachers are chill and don't care what you wear to class, other teachers will "code" you and force you to go back to your dorm and get changed...

the majority of faculty voted to get rid of the dress code, but the student council decided to keep it..
    I am glad that the student council decided to keep it. I honestly wish it was kind of stricter. I really think it is beneficial to learning when you have to wear something more "professional" looking. Of course, this comes from a girl who has gone to private schools with uniforms all her life, so I just like it! I like that we can wear jeans I guess... as long as they have to be dark wash and no rips :)
  • neatoburritoneatoburrito Registered User Posts: 3,449 Senior Member
    I think the only thing my son will have to get used to is tucking in his shirt.

Will there be a reason for him to bring a sports coat?

Here is something I found on youtube that I initially thought was a joke. Once I realized that it was seriously the title of a designer's line, it was even funnier.

Enjoy "Phillips Exeter Chic"

YouTube - Dsquared F/W 06-07 Mens Fashion Show
    Oh yeah haha I know dsquared! Best name ever right?

Does everyone dress like vineyard vines, roberta freyman, lily pulitzer? Or can I also wear things from Urban Outfitters, American Apparel, Topshop?
124»
This discussion has been closed.