Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

How Strict?

2»

Replies to: How Strict?

• prettyckittyprettyckitty Registered User Posts: 1,363 Senior Member
    sorry, what's your GPA again?
    Have you taken any practice tests for the ssat?
  • SaerSaer Registered User Posts: 1,494 Senior Member
    I've taken an online SSAT practice test, and typically did very well on simple math and basic reading/writing/verbal, but I did make a lot of mistakes. I'll be ordering practice books soon, though.
    My GPA was a 97.63 out of 100, or a 3.91 out of 4. My schools goes by an out of 100 scale. I can pretty confidently say that I'm in the top 5%, seeing as the academic level at my school is pretty low...
  • little_galaxielittle_galaxie Registered User Posts: 326 Member
    note that for exeter classes typically end at 6pm every day except for wednesdays and saturdays. now, this doesn't mean that you have 10 hours of classes every day, as you will likely have 3+ hours of free time during school hours, but it makes ECs even HARDER to fit into your schedule, as many people spend the 6-8/9 pm time slot eating dinner and socializing with friends.

I still don't know how I feel about exeter's scheduling :/ SPS' actually makes a lot more sense to me.
  • prettyckittyprettyckitty Registered User Posts: 1,363 Senior Member
    Write on this threat when you take a couple practice tests, okay Saer?
    Btw, if you don't do well on your first one, don't freak out. It happens sometimes; wait a week or so, take another. It sometimes takes a while to adjust.
  • SaerSaer Registered User Posts: 1,494 Senior Member
    Ok.
    Once school starts, I'm going to be taking practice tests a lot (my library has some, I checked online) and then going to my teachers (English and math) to get help for the questions I get wrong. I think it'll help a lot, instead of just studying on my own.
2»
This discussion has been closed.