Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Sleep Deprivation in Prep Schools

2»

Replies to: Sleep Deprivation in Prep Schools

• vegas1vegas1 Registered User Posts: 322 Member
    My kids are both sleep deprived- but not due to the workload. They both struggle with pretty severe insomnia.
  • infinityprep1234infinityprep1234 Registered User Posts: 231 Junior Member
    There are days when workload is very intense can lead to sleep deprivation in spite of managing time efficiently. And then to make matter worse, an announced quizzes takes place and plays havoc with grades as you are busy studying for the other subject, home work, clubs etc. etc.

It is pressure cooker environment sometimes, but one has to learn how to manage it. Parents can only say to kid, please take a deep breath and you will live
  • doschicosdoschicos Registered User Posts: 14,736 Senior Member
    I think it can be a pressure cooker regardless of BS or not BS. If one takes a rigorous course load at a top private school, there will be the same kind of stresses and workload.
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 27,917 Super Moderator
    The OP asked the question on M8 4 years ago and never returned. I would assume if s/he got accepted on M10 that s/he has since had first hand experience. Closing thread.
2»
This discussion has been closed.