Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

WOULD YOU RATHER--Boarding School Edition

1110111112113114116»

Replies to: WOULD YOU RATHER--Boarding School Edition

• lightningqueen12lightningqueen12 Registered User Posts: 310 Member
    L'ville! Now that I'm Taft '23, Hotchkiss, it's on!

Loomis or Taft?
  • CavsFan2003CavsFan2003 Registered User Posts: 948 Member
    Ugh as a Hotchkiss admit I can't like Taft but also Loomis rejected me... Loomis, the campus was real nice.

Choate or Deerfield?
  • sparkatzzsparkatzz Registered User Posts: 190 Junior Member
    Choate, Deerfield's campus just gives me an overwhelming feeling. (I wonder why Loomis stopped their rivalry with Kent though)

Loomis or Kent?
  • CaliMexCaliMex Registered User Posts: 1,693 Senior Member
    Loomis.
    We've heard rumors about Kent being a party school. It feels stupid to believe or be swayed by rumors, but there you go.

@sparkatzz Why do you get an overwhelming feeling from Deerfield? Can you say more?

Millbrook or Tabor? (Zoo or Sea?)
  • CavsFan2003CavsFan2003 Registered User Posts: 948 Member
    Tabor! I've got a friend whose brother applied and he talked about it like it was heavenly!

Lawrenceville or Peddie?
  • springfield18springfield18 Registered User Posts: 54 Junior Member
    Peddie. I love the campus, the sports facilities are fabulous, such a warm feeling from everyone when I interviewed. I can't wait to study and play there! It was the only school in the state that I applied to.

St. Paul's or Hotchkiss?

• sparkatzzsparkatzz Registered User Posts: 190 Junior Member
    edited March 21
    @CaliMex I didn't actually visit, but I was there for a debate tournament. But I don't know, maybe the styles of the buildings? It was raining and no one on campus seemed to be smiling or anything so I just kind of got the feel. Their desserts were really good though!
  • CC4lifeCC4life Registered User Posts: 243 Junior Member
    St. Paul's. And its honestly just because I know SPS much better than Hotchkiss through family friends who go/went there and because I have spent more time on their campus. I've only been to Hotchkiss twice and I only really got a good feel for it during my tour and interview last app cycle. I personally had a really weird interview which I could go on about for hours and my tour guide kept going on and on about the STEM opportunities even though we made it really clear that I was interested in the humanities. I called to withdraw my app 1 hour after our visit. Again, I'm sure its a great school, but I just didn't have a good experience there
  • prepman123prepman123 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Andover, haven't heard of SPS......

Peddie or NMH?