Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Boarding School Relationships With The Towns They are Located In

124»

Replies to: Boarding School Relationships With The Towns They are Located In

• sparkatzzsparkatzz Registered User Posts: 191 Junior Member
    I just heard from one of my friends who live in Windsor that the town doesn't have a very good relationship with Loomis. Though I do feel like Loomis takes a lot of local people, people still dislike Loomis kids. Would love to hear more info or any input on this.
  • CC4lifeCC4life Registered User Posts: 244 Junior Member
    @sparkatzz, I read in the lclog that loomis recently got into a huge fight with one of their neighboring landowners cause they were apparently using their land as a shooting range and people would hear gunshots go off in the middle of the day. Anyway, LC ended up buying the land from them for 150k when they were originally asking close to 1mil, there was a bunch of city meetings about it too so I'm assuming thats why they have recently had an extra rocky relationship with Windsor.
  • andoverblue21andoverblue21 Registered User Posts: 24 Junior Member
    As a day student from Andover, I think I can speak about the town culture. The town cooperates with PA very well and we have some events where we work with Andover High School such as the INSLE Madrid trip and the suicide prevention walk we just had today.

Many students from Andover Public Schools apply here so there is actually an application protocol that the town middle schools follow when applying here.

The only thing that isn't that great is the fact that Andover students are sometimes called "cat boners" from local high school students driving by the school. However, I haven't heard much of this lately so things are pretty chill.