right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Exeter 2023 Students Thread

124»

Replies to: Exeter 2023 Students Thread

• rjh2677rjh2677 18 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 18 Junior Member
    @vegas1 Thank you.
    · Reply · Share
  • vegas1vegas1 547 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 549 Member
    @sxw233 it is pretty common, so I don’t know that it is too difficult. Here is the coursebook that describes it further:
    https://www.exeter.edu/sites/default/files/documents/PEA-COI-2019-20.pdf
    If the link doesn’t come through, just google PEA courses of instruction, it outlines all classes needed.
    · Reply · Share
  • sxw233sxw233 2 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Thank you @vegas1! We have read the COI. But the rumor has it that it requires intense amount reading and writing and would deprive you from having much time on other activities...
    · Reply · Share
  • momof3nycmomof3nyc 121 replies14 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 135 Junior Member
    edited April 9
    @sxw233 I think the relative difficulty of the classical languages at Exeter depends a lot on what kind of language background the student has, and how invested they are in the class. One of my son’s friends has decided to switch to a modern language next year, but he had no prior experience with Latin and didn’t have a particularly deep passion for the field. As with everything else at Exeter (and in life), it’s a matter of priorities and time management. One favored saying is that of the three S categories - sleep, socialization and studying - you can only do two, but the reality is that being realistic about commitments, careful about managing your time and willing to compromise means your student will probably be able to do most of what they would like to do.
    edited April 9
    · Reply · Share
  • ImWaisianImWaisian 149 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 152 Junior Member
    Just as a side note, Latin has a reputation on campus for being cult-ty :wink:
    · Reply · Share
    Does PEA send you an email/ confirmation after accepting the admission offer?
    · Reply · Share
  • ImWaisianImWaisian 149 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 152 Junior Member
    @rjh2677 I don't think so...
    · Reply · Share
    @ImWaisian Thank you.
    · Reply · Share
  • HappyCriaHappyCria 101 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 104 Junior Member
    Apparently ISO includes go-karting, pizza, and a beach picnic. I am now convinced that Hogwarts is Exeter in disguise.
    · Reply · Share
    How do you guys feel about the book that was sent to us?
    · Reply · Share
  • HappyCriaHappyCria 101 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 104 Junior Member
    I have not yet opened it - but I do love memoirs, and it seems like an interesting one. Hopefully I'll start reading it earlier than on the way to Exeter. 😁
    · Reply · Share
    @HappyCria I feel that it truly embraces the diverse ideals of Exeter. The assignment that follows, in my opinion, helps you think of the differences between you and other people, but at the same time, the similarities between you and said person no matter how different you may seem. I truly feel that this assignment is a perfect way of introducing people from all around to Exeter’s views on diversity.
    · Reply · Share
    @ImWaisian Indeed. I feel like the methaphor with Cuban and American food really reflects that.
    · Reply · Share