right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Thursday, June 11 at 7pm ET to hear from students on how COVID-19 impacted their college plans and current on-campus experiences. Zai, Ethan, and Rohan will share information about their college and application experiences. REGISTER NOW!
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Does lawrenceville offer AP classes?

Stargirl222Stargirl222 24 replies12 threads Junior Member
I heard that they don’t, but I’m not sure if this is the case. If anyone knows, when can I take an AP class at l’ville and are there any on offer in general?
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Does lawrenceville offer AP classes?

• gardenstategalgardenstategal 6589 replies10 threads Senior Member
    We toured a couple years ago and they did not but some students still took the exams as they finished the coursework.
    · Reply · Share
  • squ1rrelsqu1rrel 415 replies31 threads Member
    They don't, I was accepted to PEA and was told that their courses are generally a lot harder than AP (at least when you get to that level) and many students looking for college credit would just take the exams.
    · Reply · Share
  • skieuropeskieurope 40797 replies7569 threads Super Moderator
    they did not but some students still took the exams as they finished the coursework.
    Which is the case at many schools that have dropped AP courses. The amount of gap-filling that a student must do on his/her own will vary by course.
    · Reply · Share
  • WildCat2023WildCat2023 66 replies3 threads Junior Member
    Many schools are moving away from the AP/College Board emphasis. Especially since schools are shying away from accepting or asking for Subject Test/AP scores. I’ve seen some schools that offer AP, also offer Honors which is the more advanced/accelerated version. Kids/teachers will tell which courses are best for when you want to take an AP or Subject test. I’m also noticing the movement away from Traditional Transcripts toward Mastery Transcripts! It’s a really exciting time in education.
    · Reply · Share
  • sgopal2sgopal2 3790 replies52 threads Senior Member
    My son graduated from Lawrenceville, and YES they do offer AP classes. They are not listed on the transcript as AP, but depending on the teacher, they will generally be taught according to the AP curriculum. Hence many (if not all) of the students will sit for the AP exam. Lawrenceville will administer the AP exams on campus each May. Here are a list of the classes that I know where the syllabus corresponds directly to AP:

Honors Evironmental Science (SC586)
    Honors Statistics (MA511)
    Honors Computer Science Principles (MA570)

And as posted above, there are several classes that students generally study the extra material on their own and sit for AP: American History, Calc AB/BC, Physics, etc
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity