right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Webb School in California--Any insights on the culture and community there?

2»

Replies to: Webb School in California--Any insights on the culture and community there?

• 8minutemile8minutemile 10 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 13 New Member
    Lots of varied and interesting perspectives here. Thanks to everyone for chiming in with helpful insights about Webb, Stevenson, Thacher and Cate. From what I gather, all of these schools have unique qualities and finding the right fit is key to this boarding school search. The schools mentioned on this thread are now on our family's list of spots to do more research on and what our DS finds appealing.

Not sure if I should start a new thread, but back to my original question about culture, but I'd like to frame it a bit more broadly this time. I see that many schools have an ethos/honor code/motto. From your personal experience, do you find the schools live up to their code or is it window dressing? Just trying to figure out what is reality and what is marketing.
    · Reply · Share
  • 8minutemile8minutemile 10 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 13 New Member
    Decided to open a new thread instead since it might be easier to search later on:

https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/prep-school-cafe/2143305-california-boarding-school-culture-honor-code-motto-p1.html?new=1

Moderator, please move or close as you see fit.
    · Reply · Share
  • CaliMexCaliMex 1668 replies34 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,702 Senior Member
    There are other boarding schools in CA, too. You might want to check out Dunn, Midland, Villanova, Besant/Happy Valley, Ojai Valley School, Santa Catalina (Girls), Athenian, and some of the others,
    · Reply · Share