right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Grades for prep school

mediocratesmediocrates 2 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 5 New Member
Do the schools look at your specific assignment grades, semester/trimester grades, or do they consider just each year overall of your middle school education? How does getting a B in a couple of assignments, but still having an overall A affect your chances?
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Grades for prep school

• doschicosdoschicos 20467 replies209 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 20,676 Senior Member
    They don't look at the level of specific assignments.
    · Reply · Share
  • skieuropeskieurope 37973 replies6574 discussionsSuper Moderator Posts: 44,547 Super Moderator
    They don't look at the level of specific assignments.
    More to the point, outside of any graded papers you send, they don't have access to specific assignments
    · Reply · Share
  • wildflower2019wildflower2019 12 replies6 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 18 Junior Member
    They look at your main averages, A’s, B’s, etc. They also look at your GPA and any information you give them. What you give them they can see pretty much. Getting a B in a couple assignments isn’t bad, as long as you continue to have an A in the class. I’m applying to Exeter and I’m just focusing on keeping my A’s up.
    · Reply · Share
  • CavsFan2003CavsFan2003 882 replies70 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 952 Member
    As stated previously, they do not look at singular assignments. Also -- it is TOTALLY okay to have a few Bs. I'm going to Choate and I had 3 Bs and a C+.
    · Reply · Share
  • Golfgr8Golfgr8 981 replies17 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 998 Member
    I think the AO’s want the big picture and don’t focus on grades. ALL A’s through middle school. So what? Not sure they cared. Not a single AO asked @ grades- nobody brought it up in interviews. It may not have made a difference at some schools. Don’t let a few B’s through you off course or dim your hopes.
    · Reply · Share