right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

What to say to admissions

4student44student4 1 replies4 threads New Member
Hi i was accepted to a few boarding school but I've made my decision as Choate. What do I say to the admissions people emailing me? Hotchkiss and Taft are emailing a lot and students are emailing me as well please help I feel bad not responding
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: What to say to admissions

• buuzn03buuzn03 1848 replies16 threads Senior Member
    edited March 30
    I would just send polite, succinct notes thanking them for their kindness and time in reaching out, but you’ve decided to accept an offer at another school.

There’s no reason to feel bad. No one will take it personally. They’ll be happy for you in finding the perfect place to land..
    edited March 30
    · Reply · Share
  • NYCMOML&LNYCMOML&L 19 replies3 threads Junior Member
    @buuzn03 , send an email to all the schools (Admissions Office) that you will not be attending! Be gracious and thank them for their time on your application.

They will understand and it is expected, now they can offer a spot to another student waitlisted. Good Luck!
    · Reply · Share
  • buuzn03buuzn03 1848 replies16 threads Senior Member
    @NYCMOML&L I’m not the one in this predicament, but I agree with your comment
    · Reply · Share
  • NYCMOML&LNYCMOML&L 19 replies3 threads Junior Member
    @buuzn03, LOL I meant to tag @4student4 !
    · Reply · Share
  • Golfgr8Golfgr8 1577 replies24 threads Senior Member
    Kiddo went over to the college decision thread and watched YouTube videos on rejections - then did not feel so bad rejecting schools.`🙄
    Believe me - you/your kiddo is more invested in them, than they are in you. Don’t feel guilty!
    · Reply · Share