right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Sustainability Programs

woodcal03woodcal03 131 replies10 threads Junior Member
Hi there! It's been a long time since I've been on these forums. I wish the best of luck to all those who are obsessing and stressing over this as I did a few years ago... anyways... I was wondering if there are any students here or parents whose students are involved in sustainability clubs, organizations or anything else, at another school. I'm trying to find a network of students and maybe exchange ideas or advice.

Also, if you have any advice on how to expand my school's environmental scene and bring sustainability practices to our campus-- despite a few stubborn, conservative administrators who don't seem to want anything to do with it-- please feel free to reach out. Thanks!
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Sustainability Programs

• Happytimes2001Happytimes2001 2142 replies18 threads Senior Member
    @woodcal03 Are you sure you wanted to post this in the prep forum?
    · Reply · Share
  • SportyPrepSportyPrep 23 replies3 threads Junior Member
    edited May 12
    @woodcal03 Have you looked at Choate's Kohler Environmental Center? Could you reach out to students who are pursuing a course of study there?

https://www.choate.edu/academics/academic-facilities/kohler-environmental-center
    edited May 12
    · Reply · Share
  • TexasMom96TexasMom96 12 replies1 threads New Member
    In 2019 the biology department at our university had some Earth Day activities where they challenged dorm residents to recycle, use less water, conserve electricity, etc. I don't know how they tracked progress or assigned points, but the winning dorm got a pizza party (I think they had teams for each floor in each dorm). I think I heard that someone wanted to do the same challenge in the schools, and the winning classroom got a pizza party.

This was more of a campaign to raise awareness; I am not sure if it resulted in long-term change. But it might be a good starting place.
    · Reply · Share