Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

applying to school in NYC feasible?

orsonzgorsonzg Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
edited May 2010 in Prep School Cafe
I'm currently in the 8th grade, and I am doing well in school(high honor roll) and i'm the only asian kid in my grade. My school isn't very diverse and I want to learn chinese in school but there's no place I can learn it from where I live in a small town in PA. So I want to goto school in new york where they offer more variety and foreign languages. I was thinking about Collegiate school(1st choice) cause of classes they have and location. But I will hope to get in all honor classes next year as freshman in my public school(except math doing Algebra 1 CP because did not take this year).

If I do good freshman should I apply to school in NYC, or should I apply after sophmore year?
And I could use some advice(grades,tips,etc..) because I don't know much about applying to top schools in NYC.
Post edited by orsonzg on

Replies to: applying to school in NYC feasible?

• starz27starz27 Registered User Posts: 384 Member
    just putting it out there: there is a school called "Masters" right outside NYC (30 min train ride) it's in dobbs ferry and that is also a decent boarding school, you should research it, but I would assume they offer chinese.
  • DiveAliveDiveAlive Registered User Posts: 1,734 Senior Member
    to get into collegiate, you have to be amazing at life... and then some

collegiate isn't a boarding school though, so if you live in PA... :S
  • Hcos12893Hcos12893 Registered User Posts: 810 Member
    more than that a GOD but only for 9th grade getting in, in kindergarten is not impossible
  • gemma1558gemma1558 Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    a lot of private schools in nyc offer chinese, and being in ny is awesome. I would apply as soon as possible, but it doesn't really matter.
This discussion has been closed.