Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Chances??? :)

Collegebound32Collegebound32 Registered User Posts: 31 New Member
edited November 2010 in Prep School Chances
I recently started strongly concidering applying to a few college prep schools. Andover, Exeter, and Lawrenceville to be specific. Chance me, please??

I'm an African American and I currently attend a public school in Texas--11th grade.
My gpa is somewhere between a 3.9 and a 4.0...(I'm not really sure how this is figured; my school opperates on a 100 pt scale). I'm ranked in the top percentile.
I play trumpet, debate, and run track (especially pole vault). I'm also a pretty active member of my church, where I have quite a few volunteer hours.
I will probably have one solid (English) and one mediocre (Math) letter of rec (is there any way I could get letters of rec from teachers from last year?) My essays should be exceptional...should lol.
I'm probably going to end up submitting PSAT scores. I got a 212 last year and I'm expecting a 230+ this year. *fingers crossed*
Interviews should go well...I've never had a problem talking before haha.

Thanks for reading and thanks for chancing! :D
Post edited by Collegebound32 on

Replies to: Chances??? :)

This discussion has been closed.