Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Please explain prep school hockey recruiting

2»

Replies to: Please explain prep school hockey recruiting

• bshopeful2013bshopeful2013 Registered User Posts: 64 Junior Member
    Px Wow!! You scared me. If accepted to boarding school, I will be 19 my entire senior year as I will be repeating. On Page 18 it specifically says, "Individual athletes who are 19 years old, or younger, on September 1st of each school year "ARE" eligible to participate in all NEPSAC Competition."

You either mis-read it, misinterpreted it, or???

I interpret it to say, "Anyone who is 20 before Sept 1, of the upcoming school-year, is not able to participate. So all 19 years can play, and 20 year olds can play, as long as they were 19 on Sept 1.
  • cdnhockeymomcdnhockeymom Registered User Posts: 273 Junior Member
    bshopeful2013: I think they were both saying the same thing but in different ways... One of my sons was a PG and played at 19 (being 19 when school year started). However this rule is stricker if you are playing in the midwest league (think Hill School, Lawrenceville)...it is 18 at beginning of year.
    @Hockey Mom, bspreppie is very knowledgable and all the information she has provided completely jives with my personal experience with my own sons (and many friends) playing prep hockey.
    @bspreppie, maybe you should change carreers and be a consultant!
2»
This discussion has been closed.