Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Wouls 99% of SSAT score carry a bad impact for application

cungencungen Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
Would AO thinks that the applicants have 99% SSAT scores are the weirdos and only care about scores?
If yes, then a lower score like 89% maybe better to submit to schools.

Thanks,

Replies to: Wouls 99% of SSAT score carry a bad impact for application

• alexisisjealexisisje Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    even if i don't really know much about applications and everything i'm 100% sure that a 99% is insanely great and you should definitely submit that!!!!!
  • alexisisjealexisisje Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    also woahhhhhh how on earth did u get a 99% :O
  • MAandMEmomMAandMEmom Registered User Posts: 1,122 Senior Member
    Schools are looking for well-rounded students so if your score of 99% makes you a one-trick pony then maybe it might be a negative; however, paired with some interesting ECs, its a winner! After watching the results last year (and you should go back and read the threads), you will find that there are 99%ers that do in fact receive rejections and get wait listed every year.
  • cungencungen Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    Not me, my child. V(96), Q(98), R(99). T(99).
    Agree with MAandMEmom. Schools look at who you are. SSAT scores ranging from 85 to 99 are the same. One practiced more gets a little higher and one was busy on something else gets a little lower.
  • cababe97cababe97 Registered User Posts: 415 Member
    I would submit the 99 because either way it will help you out. The AOs aren't just looking at scores but the overall package(interview, essays, recs,ECs,scores,etc) but submitting a really good score definetely won't hurt you chances of getting in to a school :)
  • CenterCenter Registered User Posts: 1,820 Senior Member
    You don't have a choice of what score to submit unless you take it more than once obviously. Of course it doesn't hurt, just like a perfect score ACT or SAT doesn't hurt when applying to Harvard. However if you take it 6 times to get that score and they see all of those scores, then maybe, but it would be an unusual circumstance.
  • cleoforshortcleoforshort Registered User Posts: 262 Junior Member
    Why are you even asking this question? *eyeroll*
  • smsstudentsmsstudent Registered User Posts: 72 Junior Member
    Obviously it doesn't matter. Did you just post this for attention?
    Sorry, I do not know how to remove it. Who can tell me? It is not for attention. AO told me that the most important portion is something else. How to remove the post? Thanks a lot.
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 32,979 Super Moderator
    MODERATOR'S NOTE:
    How to remove the post?
    You can't. Per terms of Service:
    Can My Posts Be Deleted?
    Posts are editable for a brief period following posting to allow correction of spelling errors, formatting, etc. After that, members may not edit their own posts. This prevents one member from editing an earlier post in a thread, rendering comments by others irrelevant or seemingly inaccurate. Similarly, we cannot delete posts upon request. Doing so would destroy the integrity of our archive and consume a huge amount of manpower. Therefore, please do not post personal data or other information that could prove to be a problem later.
    https://auth.collegeconfidential.com/module.php/hobsonspolicies/policy.php?policy=tos
  • cababe97cababe97 Registered User Posts: 415 Member
    @cleoforshort @smsstudent

There is no reason to be rude! @cungen obviously asked this question because they were wondering,not to get attention. If you aren't going to positively contribute to the thread, then don't be on it.
This discussion has been closed.