Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Startups and Entrepreneurship for BS

Nietzsche0521Nietzsche0521 Registered User Posts: 16 Junior Member
Hi, all,

I was wondering if being able to have an idea for a startup that is soon to be funded, particularly something that is in a very underrepresented field would be able to be listed as an EC or passion. If a passion for entrepreneurship with someone who has already taken action to work towards such dreams be beneficial? Would something like that count as a hook?

Replies to: Startups and Entrepreneurship for BS

• harvard2025harvard2025 Registered User Posts: 71 Junior Member
    edited June 2017
    It wouldn't be a hook, but you could write about it for an essay. When I applied, a couple schools had questions about innovations you could make at their school. I dedicated my "big essay" to a startup idea I had (although not techie), but I didn't get in to that school. I'd be willing to bet that the rejection was partially because of my actual startup idea, not because I wrote about entrepreneurship in my essay. I also went to entrepreneurship camp at a college, so I mentioned that too. I think it's cool to do something that you love and the school you're applying to will definitely recognize your drive and passion. It wouldn't be a hook per se, but I'm sure that they would appreciate it.
This discussion has been closed.