right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

What are my chances? (Choate, Loomis, Taft, Cheshire)

lightningqueen12lightningqueen12 318 replies12 threads Member
I am applying as a day student for 9th grade to Choate, Loomis, Taft, and Cheshire. This year, I have all A's so far and in the past 2 years I have had just a couple B-pluses. All of my report card comments are good, and my SSAT is pretty good as well. I have fabulous recommendations and my essays are very good too.
ECs:
- Play for one of the top travel softball teams in the state
- Piano for 6 years, great recommendation from my teacher
- Clarinet for 4 years (concert band) , first chair, great recommendation from my teacher
- Recently joined travel volleyball
- Jazz band (piano)
- Chorus
- Middle School softball team
- Also read A LOT and love creative writing (actually did a workshop at Loomis)
- History Day Club last year

Subjective and other stuff:
- I have been in the high math class for two years, good rec from math teacher
- 2 year honor roll student
- Also recs from English, band, piano, school counselor
- Essay good
- All interviews were very good, especially Choate and Loomis

I also talked to the softball coaches at all 4 and they gave me recommendations to admissions. Same with arts at Choate and Cheshire

Tell me what you think? Thank you! 😀
20 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: What are my chances? (Choate, Loomis, Taft, Cheshire)

This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity