Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
The Forums will be unavailable Tuesday, June 25 starting at 9 am ET as we prepare for a major design update!

Chances for Berkshire School

2»

Replies to: Chances for Berkshire School

• om123omom123om Registered User Posts: 21 Junior Member
    I need FA
  • PhotographerMomPhotographerMom Registered User Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    Okay- got it. Email your WL schools, but don't rush it or write anything while you're feeling down or discouraged. You have time to breathe a little bit and think about what you want to say, so look at it as an opportunity to make a final statement. Is Berkshire your first choice? Will you definitely attend if you're offered a spot?

Make sure they know it. Accepting a place on a WL should never be War and Peace or longer than a few sentences . Go over it with a parent and make each and every word count. You've got this, but take some time right now and decompress..... Maybe knock it out of the park Monday or Tuesday when you're feeling better.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out anytime .
    Thank you, I will certainly do it in a few days. Thanks for the help. This is my second year trying to go to a boarding school and currently in a private school.
    Also, I am thinking about taking my SSAT again because it was horrible and I believe that's why I didn't get in. I got 2106(super scored). Also, when do the schools start looking at the waitlist section? Thank you.
  • PhotographerMomPhotographerMom Registered User Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    @om123om -I wouldn't bother with retaking the SSAT unless you're reapplying next year.... If you do retake it- prep like mad and apply to more schools if you need any amount of aid. Definitely apply to Berkshire again, too. Give them another opportunity to take another look and see how much you improved! Maybe consider repeating 10th.

Schools look at their WL usually just before the last Revisit Day ( look on their website ) or right after A10- if they need to at all. Honestly- it's all very random and it always varies year to year.
    Thank you for your input. Berkshire accepts 50 sophomores and it’s most peoples safest school- based on my research on this site. I think the more accepted the more waitlist spots given acceptance.
  • vwlizardvwlizard Registered User Posts: 336 Member
    Research on this site is skewed. No one should consider Berkshire a "safe" school.
  • CaliMexCaliMex Registered User Posts: 1,701 Senior Member
    Plenty of kids get rejected from Berkshire, especially if the AOs suspect that the family considers it a “safety.” Berkshire is a great school and many people’s top choice. Why waste a spot by offering it to someone who doesn’t value it?
    I know a few who applied and got in but didn't want to go, I am going to write a letter to my interview this Sunday.