right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Upcoming changes to the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Will I be able to get into Phillips Andover Academy or Phillips Exeter Academy?

2»

Replies to: Will I be able to get into Phillips Andover Academy or Phillips Exeter Academy?

• PublisherPublisher 8798 replies101 threads Senior Member
    edited October 19
    I meant that you should have done better on the SAT English portion since English is your current school's primary language. Although above the minimum of 550 accepted by your current target schools, a 570 is too close to the minimum acceptable score when applying for a few highly competitive openings.
    edited October 19
    · Reply · Share
  • PrepMommPrepMomm 15 replies1 threads Junior Member
    As an Andover mom, I do think it helps that your brother goes to Harvard, if you can casually mention it during interview.
    · Reply · Share
  • rishankrishank 14 replies1 threads New Member
    Publisher wrote: »
    I meant that you should have done better on the SAT English portion since English is your current school's primary language. Although above the minimum of 550 accepted by your current target schools, a 570 is too close to the minimum acceptable score when applying for a few highly competitive openings.

Yes, I know that 570 is a horrible score. I made the mistake of not preparing at all for math and English. In fact my friend got 1530. I'm taking the test again in May, but this time I'll prepare. Unfortunately, there's no way to show that score in time :neutral: . I'm just hoping for the best and focusing on my essays!
    · Reply · Share
  • rishankrishank 14 replies1 threads New Member
    PrepMomm wrote: »
    As an Andover mom, I do think it helps that your brother goes to Harvard, if you can casually mention it during interview.

Congrats on being an Andover mom! It's great to hear that it might help :smiley:
    · Reply · Share