right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Upcoming changes to the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Chances for Choate, Exeter, Andover, Hotchkiss, Emma Willard, Hockaday

hotcocoacharmshotcocoacharms 0 replies1 threads New Member
-applying for 9th grade, FA
-Demographics: ORM, female, Tri-State Area
-all A's (90+) in school
-Coursework includes Geometry, Advanced English and Spanish
-95% SSAT

Activities:
-Saxophone (Regional band, school Jazz ensemble,school band),
-Girl Scouts (Silver and Bronze Award), Counselor in Training at Girl Scout camp
-4-H Junior Council
-Seeing Eye Puppy Raising Club
-Violin (private lessons, Chamber ensemble)
-school Volleyball team
-FIRST Lego League
-Yoga club

3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chances for Choate, Exeter, Andover, Hotchkiss, Emma Willard, Hockaday

• CaliMexCaliMex 1831 replies34 threads Senior Member
    Have you considered Westover and St. Andrew's School in DE? They might round out your list nicely...
    · Reply · Share
  • CheddarIsBestCheddarIsBest 1 replies0 threads New Member
    My daughter is a current 9th grader at Emma and we couldn’t be happier with her experience so far. She had a similar SSAT score to your daughter HotCocoa and the school awarded her enough FA to make it possible for her to attend.
    All 9th graders complete the same English course so I am not sure what to say about that. Otherwise our daughters have a similar profile... There are lots of opportunities for music and I know that there is a volleyball team. Who knows what your chances are but nothing ventured, nothing gained...
    · Reply · Share
  • goanjoklaplogoanjoklaplo 16 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Looks great on paper, but just make sure you can ace the interview. A very important aspect in prep school admissions. Be genuine and talk about what you care about, what you would do at X school, etc.
    · Reply · Share