right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
COMING SOON "Ask The Expert" live event w/ the CC Dean, Sally Rubenstone, on Feb. 22 at 12:00 pm ET. This event is exclusively for registered members. CREATE YOUR CC ACCOUNT NOW to receive event updates!

What are my chances for Lawrenceville?

CoolLatte12CoolLatte12 1 replies1 threads New Member
edited January 13 in Prep School Chances
89 percentile ssat
4.0 gpa in 7th and 8th, 6th grade gpa was around 3.9
Great interview
Great teacher recs
Great essays
Playing piano(new to competitive arena, first time im competing in nationals is this year)
Fencing at a competitive level but I suck
Day student

What are my chances? Do they pay attention to 6th grade GPA or are they looking for improvement? I'm also looking for financial aid.
edited January 13
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: What are my chances for Lawrenceville?

• CoolLatte12CoolLatte12 1 replies1 threads New Member
    Oh and I play bass clarinet in the school band
    · Reply · Share
  • petrich0rpetrich0r 19 replies1 threads Junior Member
    In general, it's hard or near impossible to determine anyone's chance of getting in. You seem like a well-rounded student with compelling musical extracurriculars. I think they won't be paying attention to your 6th grade GPA since a 3.9 is impressive.
    It's said to be harder to get in when looking for financial aid, but don't let this discourage you. If a school really wants you, they'll offer the financial aid they deem appropriate.
    Of course, there are many applicants just like you or better, so it's hard to judge. Good luck, though!
    · Reply · Share
  • gardenstategalgardenstategal 6260 replies10 threads Senior Member
    Your stats won't keep you out, but that doesn't mean you will get in. It can be harder to get in as a day student, you need FA and you are not hooked.

But really, we can't say. I think your odds are about 50/50. A lot will depend on how good of a fit they feel you are.
    · Reply · Share