Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Student from Rome

coldfirecoldfire Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
edited August 2009 in Prep School Chances
Hi, I am a Taiwanese girl who is currently attending an IB international school in Rome. Before I came to Rome I have lived in New York, Taiwan, and Hong Kong. I am planning to apply for Exeter, Andover, and Deerfield as an 11th grader in 2010.

I speak fluent Chinese, Cantonese and English. I studied Italian when I first came to Rome and I have been studying Spanish for a year now.

I have a GPA of 3.92( all As except for PE, which I receive a B-). I am in English Advanced class and Geometry Advanced class( the only 2 advanced classes offered).

This year I received awards for outstanding performance in English, Geometry, Biology, Wes. Civ, Computer, and Spanish.

I am not good at sports in general but I am a fairly good table tennis player. I was in the school choir when I was in 6th grade( in Hong Kong) and 8th grade( Rome). I also play the piano( I was about to take the grade 5 piano exam in Hong Kong but then we moved to Rome).

I was one of the finalists of the Hong Kong Outstanding Students Election in 2006( in 6th grade).

I was a member of the Chinese Dance club in my middle school in Hong Kong. I was chosen as Student of the Class when I was in 7th grade.

Presently I am not in any of the clubs but I plan to write for the school literary magazine and join the drama club next year.

What are the chances of my getting into the aforementioned schools and what can I do to increase my chance of acceptance?
Post edited by coldfire on

Replies to: Student from Rome

• al6200al6200 Registered User Posts: 1,579 Senior Member
    I'm confused. When you say "Exeter" you're talking about the private high school Philips Exeter Academy, right?

The transfer students forum is aimed at people who are transferring to other colleges, so you'll probably get better opinions on the high school students subforum.
  • exoveerotchexoveerotch Registered User Posts: 260 Junior Member
    al6200: this is NOT a transfer student forum, it's for high school students who are seeking admission to private high schools (prep schools).
    coldfire: I think you have a good chance; just join more clubs, make sure you have something special to show to the admission officers. Are you an international student (non-American citizen)?
  • coldfirecoldfire Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    Yeah I am an International student :)
This discussion has been closed.