Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Help me! Chance ?

AmbitiousGirlyAmbitiousGirly Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
edited August 2009 in Prep School Chances
Okay, so basically I want to apply for Hotchkiss, Maine School of Science and Mathematics, Andover, Peddie, Exeter and Choate for tenth grade in the '10-'11 school year.

I am going into the ninth grade at a public high school.

Sports:
2 years of field hockey, it will be my third and I will probably be on the JV team.
I will be doing Varsity Tennis.

Community Service:
Library.
Helping kids with their homework.
Hospital.

EC's:
Academic Decathlon
Civil Rights Team
Journalism
Mock Trial
Unity Project
Speech and Debate

8th Grade last quarter Grades:
Geometry: B- (OUCHH!!!!!)
English: A
Spanish: A+
SS: A+
Science: A+

I am positive that I will get all A's in my freshman year, also for my freshman year I will be taking all honors classes.

I have not taking the SSAT's or the SAT's...yet (:
I do not play an instruments. I write poems, stories, and essays A LOT and I am passionate about it so should I send in my writings to them along with my application.

I am an under represesnt minority, and TRUST me I KNOW there are not any kids in any of these schools that come from the country I come from.

I speak 2 languages. And am learning three more!

*I forgot to mention that the EC's and Volunteering listed up here are the ones that I will be doing my 9th grade year. (:

I write really well, so I know that my essays will be good, and my teachers always love me for my sense of humor, good grades, participation and work ethic so I know my teacher rec's will be SOLID.

Also when you are replying to this could you write if the school is a reach, match, impossible.
Post edited by AmbitiousGirly on

Replies to: Help me! Chance ?

This discussion has been closed.