Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
expressexpress Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
edited August 2009 in Prep School Chances
Hi, do you guys think that someone who has a bad interview but every other thing is great can get into a great BS? I already had my interview with Andover and Exeter and I'll tell you how it went:

Exeter:
Interviewer:If your teachers and friends could describe you in one word what would it be?
Me: I think they would call me curious
Interviewer: I think that is a good quality and they probably like that too
Me:I hope so (laught)
Interviewer:What is your favorite subject?
Me:I like psychology
Interviewer: Did you take a class on it
Me: No but I really like it
Interviewer:So how do you know about it?
Me:My sister introduced me to it
Interviewer:Who is your role model?
Me:My sister, but of course she doesn't know
Interviewer:don't worry your secert is safe with me. How old is she?
Me:15 and half
Interviewer: Not much older you guys must be close
Me: Defientely I tell her everything
Interviewer: So I see you have soccer on this so many people do soccer these days/
Me: I guess so...my friends asked me if I wanted to join the team and I said why not and to my surprise I was pretty good at it.
Interviewer: So what is bread of life and family table
Me: community service soup kitchens...I got involved because one of my friends asked me if I wanted to come along and I said okay and since then it has been a regular routine for me to volunteer and I also ask my other friends to join me.
Interviewer: So how did your other teachers teach? Like do they give a lecture in desks
Me: basically most of the teachers yes
Interviewer:how many people in an average class
Me: I would say usually 25-30 people
Interview:And in that how many people do you think are dedicated to learning
Me:about 5
Interview:wow that is low
Me: yes it is...I have offered to help students with bad grades (friends) to tutor them and bring up there averages but they refused.
Interviewer:That is nice of you...education is the most important that is there fault for not relazing the importance
Me: yes it is ultimately there decision to chose to study
Interviewer:So I see that you are taking 5 honor class that is alot
Me:defientely but I like it
Interviewer:How do you think that is going to change
Me:when I was in 8th grade I used to get straight A's while watching TV with only 2 hours of homework but I think now I am going to really try.
Interviewer:How did you find Exeter
Me: well one of friends friend was applying and she told me that it is usually for rich jerks and that it is not worth it and I decided to look it up and I realized that many people recieve aid and I decided to apply
Interview: any questions
Me: I see that dan brown comes here
Interviewer: Yeah he used to attend Exeter
Me: really? I am currently reading Angels&Demons
Interviewer: He teaches here....You like reading
Me:I love reading.....Alot of people go to ivy leagues
interviewr:
about 30 percent but some schools are better than Ives
Me: I heard that John Hopkins is a better Med school than Harvard

and some other questions sorry for the errors but I have been typing for a while Please comment much is appreciate
thankss =)
Post edited by express on

Replies to: Interview

• expressexpress Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    He always called me very mature
  • 3x3t3r3x3t3r Registered User Posts: 19 New Member
    i just finished finished my interview.. he said i was interesting. is that good or bad? my interview was about 50 minutes long with a lot of details.?
    If you want to PM me your interview I would be glad to help!I just wanted insight on mine...other people's opinions are worthwhile.. who was your interviewer?
  • Shortstuff879Shortstuff879 Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    I don't think it went that bad. However, most of your answers went like this "well a friend told me.....so I thought what the heck why not" or "well one of my friends invited me so I went and found out that...." That probably gave them the impression that you don't make decisions on your own and aren't self motivated.I think that was only part that went wrong.
    Thankss I thought that i totally failed the interview anymore comments?
  • Ccer999Ccer999 - Posts: 235 Junior Member
    Express, you did fine, only problem was you didn't really expand on your answers and they were a bit cutthroat, and the problem mentioned above. But overall, you did decently but could have done better.

For example, in your first line you could say curious, then give some realistic example to support your statement and to seem more articulate.

Also, your questions are the kind that can be found on the website, a better question would be "What do you think is the most important quality that is received from an Exeter education?"

Sorry If I sound like a critic :/
  • urbanflopurbanflop Registered User Posts: 1,682 Senior Member
    Express, make sure you don't give out too much interview information and you need to try to have a conversation instead of Q and A but overall it was good. :D
    No problem I like feedback....It was like a converstation but I put it like a Q and A. If the interview is 20 % of the entire application how much do you think out of that I accomplished? (is the makes any sense).
  • urbanflopurbanflop Registered User Posts: 1,682 Senior Member
    I think around 15%
  • privateschoolsprivateschools Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    Ok not too bad..thanks urbanflop and everyone else =)
    ummm ok privateschools....did you interview go similar?
    This is my friend's interview.....She just kept talking about PEA and PA and so I thought that I should put it up here and now she is mad how do I delte this?
  • Shortstuff879Shortstuff879 Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    You can't delete a thread :( I know, stinks, right?
This discussion has been closed.