Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chance me Emma Willard.

en guardeen guarde Registered User Posts: 121 Junior Member
edited September 2009 in Prep School Chances
I need FA and/or scholarships. Emma will be the only school i'm applying to, it's make it or break it. If I don't get enough FA/schorlarships for Emma, I will just finish out high school at the public school i'm at now. Emma Willard is my dream school and I would do anything to attend, though. I'm applying as a repeat junior.

Advanced math: high 80s to low 90s....I admit, math is not my strongest point.
Honors bio and honors chem: high 80s with bio, high 80s/low 90s with chem (both teachers have been very hard graders-kids with 90s are revered).
4 years of spanish: all mid/high 90s
AP European history: high 90s
Honors global 9: high 90s
Honors English (9th and 10th grade): mid to high 90s

Not sure of my overall GPA but my overall average is a 93-95 (i think this is weighted but i'm not sure). My school won't give GPAs until senior year for reasons unknown to the student body.

SAT (taken as a sophomore):
680 CR
620 Math
630 Writing
It was a 1930 overall, 1300 CR and M.
I plan to take them over again in the spring as well as the ACT.

At school I'm involved in ski club, leadership team, model UN, link crew, and foreign language club.
Out of school I irish dance, fence, and do recreational gymnastics.
Last summer I was a People to People Student Ambassador.
I volunteer at Children's Hospital, as a spotlighter at a local theater, and with the elementary school's talent show.
I'm a camp counselor.
I also run my school's Relay For Life team.

I know you guys aren't used to chancing anything but HADES schools. But do you think I have a chance of getting in WITH financial aid and/or scholarships?
Post edited by en guarde on

Replies to: Chance me Emma Willard.

This discussion has been closed.