Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Culture at St. Paul's

axmay13axmay13 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
edited March 2012 in Prep School Parents
Can anyone comment on the culture and student body at St. Paul's? When we visited, we did not see any students and really did not get a feel for the school. On paper it looks great but what's the actual life/student body like?
Post edited by axmay13 on

Replies to: Culture at St. Paul's

• CKSABSCKSABS Registered User Posts: 300 Member
    @axmay13: If you peruse this thread http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/prep-school-admissions/518167-st-pauls-school-concord-nh.html (there are 189 pages to-date), you should have a better sense of the school and culture.

Feel free to ask more specific questions after reviewing.
  • newbie9newbie9 Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    There's a recent book out by a fellow named Khan with the word "privilege" in the title. I think it amounts to a sociological study of St. Paul's.
  • ChoatieMomChoatieMom Registered User Posts: 4,801 Senior Member
    Privilege: The Making of an Adolescent Elite at St. Paul's School by Shamus Khan.
  • sk8sk8 Registered User Posts: 97 Junior Member
    I have read that book and I do not think it is an accurate reflection of the school. I think Khan worked at the school 2 rectors ago. My child goes to SPS and although it is a very challenging environment, it is also very diverse (socially, economically and ethically). I believe the kids feel they are accepted and from what I hear, it does not seem to have much bullying. I believe it strives to be a supportive community. The new Lindsay Center is fantastic. The new rector seems very well aware of of some of the stresses these kids are under and I believe he is working to make positive changes. I agree with CK, go check out the tread on SPS, you will find a treasure trove of info.
This discussion has been closed.