Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.

Miscellaneous Ramblings...

Replies to: Miscellaneous Ramblings...

• buuzn03buuzn03 Registered User Posts: 736 Member
    @PhotographerMom kudos to you & photodad! You've raised a good human. Such a sweet story...I can only hope DS should turn out so.
  • twinsmamatwinsmama Registered User Posts: 1,346 Senior Member
    @PhotographerMom You raised a mensch! <3
  • RuralAmericaRuralAmerica Registered User Posts: 107 Junior Member
    @PhotographerMom you’re post seriously made my eyes water!
  • Golfgr8Golfgr8 Registered User Posts: 336 Member
    Another group of stories this morning in the NY Post @ “It’s ‘exclu’ you know”, embryo timing with admissions, and the mom who allegedly paid $1.5 million to a college admissions consultant. I’m working this AM and can’t make the link work, so if someone wants to put up the links, it would be appreciated (if allowed).
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 30,058 Super Moderator
    MODERATOR'S NOTE:
    Another group of stories this morning in the NY Post @ “It’s ‘exclu’ you know”, embryo timing with admissions, and the mom who allegedly paid $1.5 million to a college admissions consultant. I’m working this AM and can’t make the link work, so if someone wants to put up the links, it would be appreciated (if allowed).
    There is already a thread.
    https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/parents-forum/2055895-mom-agreed-to-pay-college-consultan-1-5m-lawsuit.html#latest
    Just join the discussion there.
  • Golfgr8Golfgr8 Registered User Posts: 336 Member
    Thanks @ SkiEurope - one of the best lines from the “exclu you know” article was about having high-profile people writing rec letters. Sometimes it can backfire. One AO stated the following “the thicker the file, the thinner the candidate”.
  • hellomaisyhellomaisy Registered User Posts: 130 Junior Member
    Love that story, @PhotographerMom . Well done.
    Prayers going out to those in Fl. I know we have some CC families that were indirectly affected by yesterday's tragedy.
    @ChoatieMom true, but some more intimately than others.
  • SarripSarrip Registered User Posts: 90 Junior Member
    My daughter is so happy there!!!
  • RuralAmericaRuralAmerica Registered User Posts: 107 Junior Member
    Just read a breaking news story from a local newspaper’s website that a teen was placed in custody for threats made against his high school. The school is 30 miles from my home, just two towns away, blocks away from where I work, smack dab in rural America. Too close to home again, as I grew up in Colorado and had friends at Columbine. Every time this happens, it breaks my heart again. Just sitting here tonight wishing...