Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Boarding School Question

13»

Replies to: Boarding School Question

• ItsJustSchoolItsJustSchool Registered User Posts: 1,974 Senior Member
    the governing document

...is ignored. "They" just do not seem to understand the delicacies and fine balance of a divorce situation. I don't want to get in hip-deep, but @Bluegoldgirl, I feel your pain- and have felt your pain (different school- same "just work it out among the two of you, what's the big deal" diffident attitude).
  • jjs123jjs123 Registered User Posts: 95 Junior Member
    edited July 2015
    I'm sorry about your plight. Groton is likely suffering with an antiquated computer system that reflects the archaic standard of only one primary custodian. We experienced this is the past at a local private school. As maddening as it was, there wasn't anything personal. However, the functionaries at the school had no control over it and resisted change.

Schools are progressive in ways but still stuck in the distant past in other. So many people are true joint legal true physical these days. You might want to speak to someone like a Dean to encourage them to modernize, but it will likely take several years at the rate these unintentionally hidebound things change at such institutions. Maybe your efforts will help the next person in your situation say 5 years from now.
13»
This discussion has been closed.