Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

BS Class of 2020 Thread

Replies to: BS Class of 2020 Thread

• queenmotherqueenmother Registered User Posts: 192 Junior Member
    Finally saw his scores this morning and he didn't do bad but he is definitely lopsided. 97th% in EBRW and 72nd% in math.
  • carpoolingmacarpoolingma Registered User Posts: 538 Member
    Curious if you found that PSATs alligned at all with SSATs....
    (We did.)
  • chemmchimneychemmchimney Registered User Posts: 668 Member
    PSATs and SSATs were both lower overall than SATs in our house (so far)
  • GoatMamaGoatMama Registered User Posts: 991 Member
    PSAT was way higher than the SSAT in EBRW. Math was the same on both, although I think it would also have been higher had she brought her calculator and actually finished the math section.
  • SculptorDadSculptorDad Registered User Posts: 2,314 Senior Member
    Better than SSAT but almost same with November SAT
  • SculptorDadSculptorDad Registered User Posts: 2,314 Senior Member
    Anyone worried for hypersomnia during the break?
  • momof3swimmersmomof3swimmers Registered User Posts: 378 Member
    I was just thinking about this. SwimKid woke up at 2:30pm today!!! At least I’m getting him up and out early tomorrow for a dr’s Appt.
  • doschicosdoschicos Registered User Posts: 18,926 Senior Member
    I think it is good for them. Boarding school often results in too little sleep and a lot of stimulation. Let them be lazy and catch up while home.
  • queenmotherqueenmother Registered User Posts: 192 Junior Member
    I am positive my kid will not be able to fall asleep tonight and will wake up late for class tomorrow.
  • itcannotbetrueitcannotbetrue Registered User Posts: 496 Member
    Someone tell me that I am not certifiable in scheduling college visits for 2020 kiddo. Also, how hard is it to 1) take final exams, 2) move out of your dorm, and 3) take an AP exam and two Subject Tests over move-out weekend in the Spring?

Makes me sweat just thinking about it :-S
  • AppleNotFarAppleNotFar Registered User Posts: 1,046 Senior Member
    @itcannotbetrue If you’re crazy, they can institutionalize us together! We’ve got two more lined-up for the winter long weekend and I’m working on a trip out to another part of the country for spring break. And there’s two more regions we want to get to by the end of the summer on top of several schools right in New England. If folks recall, we were really late to the BS search and I want to avoid that same panic and hastily patched-together road trip.

As for move-out weekend, can someone help with that part so the kid can focus just on the tests? I’m thinking that’s what we’ll need to do.
  • MA2012MA2012 Registered User Posts: 1,172 Senior Member
    edited January 19
    @itcannotbetrue APs are in May. This year from May 7-11 and 14-18 (which is early for HS exams/move out). SAT tests are May 5 and June 2. S took subject tests in May to avoid taking them move out/graduation weekend in June.
  • GMC2918GMC2918 Registered User Posts: 912 Member
    You're not crazy @itcannotbetrue ! With a Class of 2018 kid going through the college process right now, "see more schools earlier" is one of the (many) things that I would do differently next time. Especially with kids in boarding school, it can be difficult to see a wide variety of colleges - urban/rural, large/small, north/south - before possibly committing to ED.
  • CaliPopsCaliPops Registered User Posts: 224 Junior Member
    Are all of you talking about official college tours or just visiting campuses to scout them out on your own?
  • itcannotbetrueitcannotbetrue Registered User Posts: 496 Member
    @MA2012, Clearly I have not looked at the College Board website since the PSAT scores were released; thank you for reminding me that AP test are earlier than move-out weekend! Will also check the schedule for the SAT Subject tests kid 2020 is planning on taking. . . Hopefully, at least one will be offered over the May weekend vs. the June weekend.

@AppleNotFar Thank you for joining me in the pink room ranks!!! And yes, @CaliPops, info session and tours, not casual drive/walk-by visits.