Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

BS Class of 2020 Thread

Replies to: BS Class of 2020 Thread

• gardenstategalgardenstategal Registered User Posts: 5,189 Senior Member
    ^^Funny, @GoatMama , I remember this phase well. Ds not really wild about looking at colleges, etc. He was in such a happy spot junior year. The idea of leaving that world? Not as compelling as I expected it'd be!
  • RuralAmericaRuralAmerica Registered User Posts: 199 Junior Member
    Mine is having the completely opposite experience! She is really looking forward to the unique senior year experience her school has. She’s loving college visits and thinks she has found the one.

I love the Neverland comment! Peter Pan is my daughter’s favorite story and favorite character, but out of all the scary grown up things on the horizon, she’s looking forward to senior year.
  • itcannotbetrueitcannotbetrue Registered User Posts: 560 Member

I wish that I could report Neverland and the Unique Senior experience!! Ours is getting a wee bit stressed about college admissions, after seeing many of her SUPER hard-working 2019 friends get rejected from highly competitive schools. It was a brutal admissions year for the Ivies. Here in CA, even the more "Regular" UC campuses such as UCSC and UCSB waitlisted qualified students. How much more stress do these poor kids need to endure?

• carpoolingmacarpoolingma Registered User Posts: 657 Member
    I hope your daughter enjoys her prom tonight!
  • gardenstategalgardenstategal Registered User Posts: 5,189 Senior Member
    edited April 8
    Nice pics, @RuralAmerica ?
    @carpoolingma She had a BLAST! Their prom was held outdoors this year and it was a perfect night with perfect weather for it!

@gardenstategal She got very nice pics with both her boyfriend and her best friends. It was great to look through them!
  • itcannotbetrueitcannotbetrue Registered User Posts: 560 Member
    That’s lovely, @RuralAmerica. Nothing like a good prom pix for mom 😍 Mine’s been on a strangely anti-photography kick lately. Social media feed is minimal this year. I’m chalking it up to junior year 🙏🏼
    @carpoolingma It’s really hard to believe at times that they’re in their final bit of Junior year and that Senior year is almost upon us! It really is just a blink of the eye!