Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

BS Class of 2021 Thread

sadieshadowsadieshadow Registered User Posts: 261 Junior Member
I was thinking we might move from the try not to freak out mode to the let's get prepared and further develop our already clearly very supportive community. Let's have a space we can ask each other questions, process our happy (and other) moments and share any tips we learn along the way. . .

Replies to: BS Class of 2021 Thread

• makp715makp715 Registered User Posts: 190 Junior Member
    So shiney and new in here! DD was accepted to St. Tim's and will be attending the revisit day on March 30. We are really excited!
  • bc12345bc12345 Registered User Posts: 153 Junior Member
    Haha @sadieshadow I've started that too! My kid is deciding between Andover top choice) Lawrenceville and Hotchkiss
    We revisit Andover 3/27. Anyone else?
  • CaliPopsCaliPops Registered User Posts: 191 Junior Member
    @sadieshadow Too funny! @bc12345 Different day for us, but we're looking forward to it!
  • KinestheticKTKinestheticKT Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    @sadieshadow thanks for the thread! Congrats on beautiful Berkshire! @bc12345 and @Susieknits congrats to both of you too on having great choices and Kent! @makp715 and I will be doing a revisit together at St. Timothy's. My D and family are now narrowing it down to I think 3. The other two are Master's school and Peddie. All three very different and I'm so glad cc exists! I get so much help from everyone. @twinsmama posts were great for me last year! And this year as we are sadly WL for Mercersburg and we truly LOVE the school. It was a no brainer for us that it was a great fit, but we are loving who loves us at the moment. It's great to be able to share, vent a little and help each other in this process.
  • CTMom21CTMom21 Registered User Posts: 238 Junior Member
    I was looking forward to this thread starting up all along! We're down to two choices; a la Gardenstategal, my son wants to revisit his #2 choice, even though he's probably 99% sure of where he is going. Even though he's had a clear first choice all along, we've found it tough to say no to the other schools. But, we're excited looking ahead! I have avoided buying anything school-related so far, not wanting to put the whammy on him, but now I feel like there's a lot to do, mainly stockpiling dress clothes and working on those tie-tying skills.

Congratulations to everyone on your kids' acceptances and getting through this difficult period!
  • bc12345bc12345 Registered User Posts: 153 Junior Member
    @CTMom21 I just had the same conversation with my son. Go weed out anything that doesn't fit bc I HAVE to start building your wardrobe. He is less than enthused.
  • CTMom21CTMom21 Registered User Posts: 238 Junior Member
    My son's wardrobe consists of soccer pants, soccer shorts, various other athletic shorts and shirts, one blue blazer that fits (but won't by next year), a few ties, two pairs of nice pants that he wore this year for interviews, and a few pairs of jeans that he refuses to wear. We have a long way to go! I've been buying him the same pants for a few years so I can buy them a size ahead and they should work out. I found two pairs I had bought when they were on sale that should be good for next year. Especially given the snow we've had in CT the past few weeks, next year he will HAVE TO have a good winter coat and good boots to be out walking between buildings. He is coat-resistant.