Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Freaking out that my kid WILL get in?

13»

Replies to: Freaking out that my kid WILL get in?

• buuzn03buuzn03 Registered User Posts: 1,269 Senior Member
    @ChoatieMom choatieDad’s biggest fear—that ChostieMom will never get off this board!!! =))
    @ChoatieDad my fear....that one day I’ll wait for @ChoatieMom’s insightful response and it never comes..... 8-X
    That was a great thread!!!
  • PhotographerMomPhotographerMom Registered User Posts: 1,822 Senior Member
  • RuralAmericaRuralAmerica Registered User Posts: 164 Junior Member
    @buuzn03 my heart goes out to you. It is always the worst after breaks and visits. The time together is always perfect and that makes the goodbye so much harder. It’s OK to feel the way you do! I’m sure we all understand and most of us feel the same way! It’s alright to be selfish in those emotions because no matter how amazing the opportunity, it’s still hard to say goodbye every time. Thank goodness for this forum and the group of parents that totally get what you’re feeling. It’s normal to have days where you hate BS! We’re here for you!
    Thanks @RuralAmerica I usually am just peachy, but dang I miss my boy today.
  • dramakid2dramakid2 Registered User Posts: 145 Junior Member
    Awww @buuzn03 I’m so sorry it’s been a rough day. I completely understand and know how hard it is to be separated. Giving your son the opportunity to go to BS and get a world class education is a selfless act of love. It’s so hard and a huge sacrifice for families on so many levels. If my son gets into BS this year I’m sure we’ll have those days in our future, too. All my best to you, I hope your week gets better.
  • PhotographerMomPhotographerMom Registered User Posts: 1,822 Senior Member
    My heart, too. @buuzn03 !

You might not believe me right now but it does get better... and right when you start feeling content and happy knowing he's happy .... and the entire family has found their rhythm and everything is popping on all cylinders- BAM! You're four years older and on a plane heading for Commencement and your kid is going to college! Just like that. How did THAT even happen?? Feel better? :)

Now back up a minute!!

Anonymous Valentine? We have secret admirer??? Does he know who it is? Should we be excited? Do you like how I'm using "We"?

You're going to need to buck up, mom! We want details!! ;)
    Thanks, everyone! I just hung up from FaceTime with him, as we are back home in Texas. Things are back to normal. He’s a goof on the screen & his making me laugh pulled me out of my funk. @PhotographerMom you are just like DH & I were with the whole valentine thing. He says it’s a pity valentine. I was having none of that. Then he says he doesn’t know who it is because the card was signed “anonymous “ but the smirk on his face every time we bring it up...he knows. So, I started going through his Instagram account and his dad was of course, needling him about all of the girls he’s following. We are moving into stealth mode...we will figure this out! Lol his dad will never let him live this one down!!!
  • cj9623cj9623 Registered User Posts: 22 Junior Member
    @buuzn03 your post totally made me tear up. That is so going to be me - if god-willing - my kid gets in. For now, I'm going to squeeze my kid extra hard today.
    @hellomaisy Happy Birthday to your DS! I truly can't believe how fast time flies.
  • Prepx3Prepx3 Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    Prepx3D is going to spend half of the March break out of the country on a school sponsored trip, and while it will be a great opportunity for her and she will get to do a lot of exciting and academically enriching things...the truth is I am a bit bummed out, because I am going to be missing her for half the break.

I am so excited for her to have the experience, but selfishly I am going to miss her.
    @Prepx3 I say they need chaperones on that trip! For DSs second week of spring break, crew has pre-season training. It just so happens to be here in Texas. I emailed the coach & told him I’d be their official limo service!!! He took me up on it! Although, he really had no choice. Lol.
13»