So many questions...
- Do boarding schools take cost of living into consideration? (Our income looks decent on paper, but it doesn't go far in our very expensive city).
- Do FA packages include any $ for travel to and from school?
- Are you expected to 'raid' savings accounts earmarked for other purposes (retirement, 529s, etc)?
- Do they take parental age into account? (Parents in their 40s have more time to save for retirement than parents well into their 50s, no?)
- What else should we be asking that we haven't even thought of yet?
- Which schools WL strong candidates for whom they have no FA? Which ones admit FA candidates without offering aid?