Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Hi there! You may have noticed things have changed on this site. You can learn more about that here.

Experiences with Transition of Headmasters

13»

Replies to: Experiences with Transition of Headmasters

• GoatMamaGoatMama Registered User Posts: 956 Member
    Thanks, @doschicos. I think I'll do that. My daughter tells me that her LINC teacher, who also has a role in the school administration, has been very good at listening to students and receptive to their perspective. I feel comfortable sharing my opinion with someone like that. I heard through the grapevine that that person may also be playing a bigger role in the administration as roles start shifting in the next couple of years.
  • buuzn03buuzn03 Registered User Posts: 1,215 Senior Member
    Our LDS is in a transition for HOS. The last headmaster we had drove the school into the ground both financially and academically. It is a K-12 school with about 600 students. I thought (as did the majority of parents) he'd be gone within a few years, but it finally took parents organizing town halls to voice their complaints, loss of over 20 teachers each year for 3 years straight, three lawsuits and the mass exodus of families (including us) to have an affluent parent pay his exit fee from his contract (the school no longer had the funds) to oust him. The school is now in complete disarray. Although the parents & faculty seem to like the interim headmaster, some of the "lackeys" the old headmaster hired are still in the upper school, which continues its path of self-destruction. Unfortunately, it takes more than a year to rebuild Rome...I think in those scenarios, more than just the HOS need to be replaced as the corruption seeped into the finest & deepest crevices. So thankful we found BS!
13»