right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We've updated the Topics page of our website to better organize and share our expert content. Read more about it here.

BS Class of 2024

2»

Replies to: BS Class of 2024

• skieuropeskieurope 38873 replies6866 threadsSuper Moderator Super Moderator
    RedLioness wrote: »
    Tip FA applicant to FA applicant - schools do know everywhere you apply (they found out off my SSS, from what I understand). That got me a fat 7 waitlists last app cycle. Letting you know!
    At the risk of being repetitive, there are several phrases I have used over the years. Two apply here:

• Correlation does not imply causation
    • The plural of anecdote is not data
    · Reply · Share
  • RedLionessRedLioness 88 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @gardenstategal @CaliMex did I come across offensive or ungrateful or bitter? If so, I apologise. Yes, I absolutely am grateful for what I have and for the awesome school I am psyched to attend next year. I didn't mean to make it appear otherwise, only to give a tip to the next applicants and let them know.

@CaliMex huh. congrats to your daughter! that's weird tho, like explained below I am fairly positive about the contribution of FA to my waitlists...

@gardenstategal I don't mean to be rude, but yes, I do know that the transparency of FA was a major factor in why I received so many waitlists. I know some people who talked to the schools about my application and they *explicitly* received that answer and passed it on to me. Those same people have had relationships with these schools for longer than my parents have been alive. I trust their information.

If it seems like I'm upset about the waitlists, let me clarify. It doesn't matter to me, I'm hardly upset about it - after all, I received acceptances to my top choices and I didn't want *more* to have to decide between when they were all awesome schools. I just intended to tip off the next class of applicants that schools do know where you apply for FA to, since that was definitely some information I would've preferred to have been aware of during the application cycle, and a concern I'd had when applying for FA.
    · Reply · Share
  • RedLionessRedLioness 88 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @skieurope sorry, it appears I didn't see your comment. *shrug* that's true. I only intended to put the experience out there, as that's definitely the sort of info I would've been interested in while applying.
    · Reply · Share