right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Lily Wuerth got into UC Berkeley, UCLA, Georgia Tech, Rice, USC, etc. She decided to attend Georgia Tech, where she will be majoring in chemical engineering. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

BS Class of 2024

swparentingswparenting 31 replies1 threads Junior Member
Hi all. I'm new to CC, and our student will be applying this fall, 2019, to schools. A brief review didn't reveal a thread for class of 2024, but I imagine there are many of us on here already, in anticipation of the coming application season. Look forward to sharing the process and learning from you all. Cheers!
109 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: BS Class of 2024

• dogsmama1997dogsmama1997 481 replies30 threads Member
    ^^yes please
    · Reply · Share
  • JustWinginItJustWinginIt 64 replies10 threads Junior Member
    @swparenting - we’ll be applying this fall too, class of ‘24. (How is that even possible?! Man, I feel old! LOL!)
    · Reply · Share
  • owlfoxmama9owlfoxmama9 25 replies0 threads Junior Member
    I'd like to join this thread too if it's ok with you all. My middle child is in the class of '24. He won't apply next fall though. He will probably apply to boarding schools the following fall as a 10th grader.

What's probably different from most of you is that my son is already boarding. He's in 7th grade at Rectory, a junior boarding school. It has helped him so much, but I thought he'd want to come home for 10th-12th grade. To my surprise, he's already saying he wants to go to boarding school for high school too! I guess that's an indication of the positive power of the boarding school experience.

Also, his older brother is a repeat 9th grader at a boarding school, so maybe that helps.
    · Reply · Share
  • CaliMexCaliMex 2233 replies35 threads Senior Member
    @owlfoxmama9 Does he want to attend his brother's senior BS? Where is that?
    · Reply · Share
  • owlfoxmama9owlfoxmama9 25 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @CaliMex My middle son isn't sure where he wants to go. My oldest attends Williston and is absolutely loving it.
    · Reply · Share
    I just made an appointment for a ‘preview tour’ at SAS next week! We’re still very much in the gathering information stage, and I thought it would be useful for DS to go on a tour so he can start identifying what appeals to him; large/small, formal/informal, etc...
    · Reply · Share
  • vwlizardvwlizard 365 replies35 threads Member
    My DS is class of 2023, but we did start attending open houses in 7th grade and I think it let us really process what we saw and made 8th grade a bit less stressful. Good choice on starting early.
    · Reply · Share
  • gardenstategalgardenstategal 6563 replies10 threads Senior Member
    Not sure where you are geographically, but George School has an Open House later this month. (First time in spring, I think. ) It's a perfect low key way to check out another school and work through what you like. And although it was years ago that we did this, that 8th grade fall felt really busy (kid also played a sport that took a lot of time in the fall), so being able to do a little bit of the process early would have been a great relief!
    · Reply · Share
  • swparentingswparenting 31 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Anyone doing any school visits this summer? We’re hoping to start early fall.
    · Reply · Share
    We’re planning all ours for the fall. I just don’t think we can get the same feel for a school when there are no kids on campus, or even when it’s just summer school. It will definitely make for a busy and challenging fall, as I’ve already warned my son!
    · Reply · Share
  • Golfgr8Golfgr8 1568 replies24 threads Senior Member
    FWIW you should go to the Ten Schools Organization website to discover when they may be holding information sessions in you area this autumn. Many 7th grade families attend these information sessions to learn more about boarding schools and the application process.
    · Reply · Share
  • eekeekeekeek 49 replies2 threads Junior Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm applying for class of 2024 too!
    edited July 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • 24beacon24beacon 5 replies0 threads New Member
    Thank you for this suggestion.
    · Reply · Share
  • amumof2amumof2 89 replies3 threads Junior Member
    edited July 2019
    Hi there we are also applying for 2024! Let the fun begin...
    We are applying to 6 schools. How about everyone else’s?
    edited July 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • eekeekeekeek 49 replies2 threads Junior Member
    I'm applying for at most 3 or 4 schools. I'm for sure applying to 2 but not sure about the others. Haha it's a quite meager number compared to other people, but my LDS is pretty good, so I'm okay with staying.
    · Reply · Share
  • swparentingswparenting 31 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Clear and helpful points to consider, @CaliMex . Students and their families also seem to get exposed to schools they hadn’t considered through College Confidential interactions, as well as increased school engagement over the fall, which add to the application list. We’ve heard of families being surprised by finding a school that was a great fit that hadn’t been on their radar. We’re looking at applying to just three schools, as LPS is a sound option. Excited to share more with all the other Class of 2024 families.
    · Reply · Share
  • RedLionessRedLioness 166 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Ah, good luck, good luck! To be an applicant again... I sort of miss it. The rush and the hope and the stress and the "will I make it"???

Tip FA applicant to FA applicant - schools do know everywhere you apply (they found out off my SSS, from what I understand). That got me a fat 7 waitlists last app cycle. Letting you know!
    · Reply · Share
  • gardenstategalgardenstategal 6563 replies10 threads Senior Member
    ^ @RedLioness, you don't know that the transparency from FA app is why you were WL. What you know is that you got into a great school and likely a fabulous fit for you.
    · Reply · Share
  • CaliMexCaliMex 2233 replies35 threads Senior Member
    @RedLioness Our child got generous FA packages from 8-9 schools, so I'm not sure your theory is correct? As @gardenstategal says, you got into a wonderful school with the financial aid package necessary to attend. No need to try to second-guess admissions decisions at this point.
    · Reply · Share