right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Buxton, Solebury, White Mountain, other supportive boarding schools?

ParentMom4ParentMom4 13 replies3 threads Junior Member
Does anyone have any experience with any of the above schools? If so, please reply or PM me. Thank you so much!
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Buxton, Solebury, White Mountain, other supportive boarding schools?

• gardenstategalgardenstategal 6575 replies10 threads Senior Member
    I have known a number of kids who have gone to, or who currently attend, Solebury and also know a few folks who have worked there. Very wide range of kids, from very academic to quite average and wide range of issues needing support, from none to ADHD to more profound mental health challenges.
    @NYCMomof3 is the parent of a recent grad.
    · Reply · Share
  • vwlizardvwlizard 365 replies35 threads Member
    You might want to add Dublin to your list.
    · Reply · Share
  • sgopal2sgopal2 3770 replies51 threads Senior Member
    Solebury is an interesting school. A good mix of boarders and day students. We looked at Solebury for my younger son. Definitely thought it was a great school. There was a poster on this forum a few years ago named Stargirl who knows a lot about Solebury.
    · Reply · Share
  • chemmchimneychemmchimney 858 replies1 threads Member
    My daughter has a friend at White Mountain and she likes it a lot. My daughter is at Darrow and has had a very good experience there - her teachers have been terrific. We visited Dublin too and loved it. Suffield may be another option. It depends a bit on what your child’s interests are and what type of support they need. Feel free to PM me. There have been good suggestions made in the hidden gem and other past threads as well.
    · Reply · Share