Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

next year's tuition

Replies to: next year's tuition

• BrowniebakerBrowniebaker Registered User Posts: 201 Junior Member
    10 characters
  • WintersetWinterset Registered User Posts: 717 Member
    Yale 4.8% to $49,800
    Princeton 3.3% to $48,580
    Dartmouth 4.6% to $52,275

And endowment draws at some of the Ivy's (and others) are reaching unsustainable levels.

Meanwhile, today's news from Businessweek......Private School Demand Dips as New Yorkers Evade Cost (Update1) - BusinessWeek
  • BenleyBenley Registered User Posts: 1,643 Senior Member
    Shouldn't all schools have next year's tuition set by now? Can they determine the FA budget and award FA without setting tuition first?
  • WintersetWinterset Registered User Posts: 717 Member
    Most are set, but not yet announced. Generally at January/February board meetings. They will be announced soon.
  • PeriwinklePeriwinkle Registered User Posts: 3,501 Senior Member
    Thank you for pointing out the article, Winterset. I found this interesting:
    Demand differs from school to school and across grades, and may be up for high school even in places it is down for kindergarten. Applications for the 10 to 15 seats at Trevor Day School in Manhattan increased by 100, to about 250, said Pam Clarke, head of the school.
    Frank C. Leana, a private consultant in New York for admissions to high school, college and graduate school, said he has seen a “slight” increase in demand for private high school from the families he advises.
    “The economy has put inordinate emphasis on the necessity of an education’s leading to job prospects after college, and rightly or wrongly, people equate a private school education with a stronger likelihood of that,” Leana said in an e-mail.
  • toombs61toombs61 Registered User Posts: 775 Member
    I noticed on CNN tonight that students are marching in the streets across the US of A protesting the sharp rise in college tuition.

About time.
    Care to share?
  • Scotland45Scotland45 Registered User Posts: 177 Junior Member
    Avon Old Farms
    2009-2010 $42900
    2010-2011 $44850
    Thanks Scontland. That's a 4.5% increase. The newly admitted families: you already know the new tution rate. It's included with your admission offer. Please come in and share.
  • Hcos12893Hcos12893 Registered User Posts: 810 Member
    Middlesex school:
    New Tuition rates
    - Boarding students: $46,090
    - Day students: $36,870
    I do not know last year's tuition but it said on the letter that it was a 4% increase
    The current tuition is still on Middlesex website: $44,320 | $35,450 Tuition for boarding and day students, respectively. Yes, that's a 4% increase.
    Neato, you have several schools' offer at hand. Can you post their tuition rates for 2010?
  • PA-CPA-C Registered User Posts: 960 Member
    Exeter 2010-11
    Boarding $39,890 / Day $30,820
  • BlueRaven1BlueRaven1 Registered User Posts: 2,109 Senior Member
    I think Grotons is 48,000 Boarding but I wouldn't stake my life on it and I can't find the papers right this second.
    That's very high, but this is "all inclusive" for Groton right? Does it include books and supplies as well as school fees? If so then on top of this, all you need is travel cost and spending money. Blue, you mentioned you got over FA equal to over half of the $48000 from Groton?
This discussion has been closed.