Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Investment Banking

2»

Replies to: Investment Banking

• screwitlahscrewitlah Registered User Posts: 1,980 Senior Member
    They're bs because they're not truly objective or bs because you think they're crap and have no worth?

my my, do we have a bs sympathizer here? BS is just BS. these majors require no real skill other than the ability to read lots of material and BS beautifully, and then call the BS "analysis", even if all of it is pure speculation. which then makes these majors "crap and have no worth".
  • blue147blue147 Registered User Posts: 502 Member
    ^ funny you mention that. so i would conclude that your analysis of bs majors is just like what you said: bs analysis and speculation. my my, and in the princeton forum, but its investment banking so it's no surprise.
    ^ funny you mention that. so i would conclude that your analysis of bs majors is just like what you said: bs analysis and speculation. my my, and in the princeton forum, but its investment banking so it's no surprise.

1. what kind of a comeback is this? what is this, preschool?
    2. my sources are the people who major in those BS themselves. perhaps you can't tell the difference or perhaps even BSing seems too difficult for you, but really, it takes no particular genius to be good at these majors.
  • GOPTexasGOPTexas Registered User Posts: 110 Junior Member
    Usually you would get a business undergrad degree (although a lot of companies and top MBA programs LOVE to recruit math and science prodigies) and then work for several years in a field. After you have some success you apply to an MBA program at a top school.

I would suggest getting close to or higher than 3.5.
  • Dad2Dad2 Registered User Posts: 532 Member
    Actually, the white-glove firms recruit predominately liberal arts graduates (B.A.) from top tier schools (Williams, Amherst, Harvard, etc.) rather than folks with undergraduate business degrees.
    1. what kind of a comeback is this? what is this, preschool?
    2. my sources are the people who major in those BS themselves. perhaps you can't tell the difference or perhaps even BSing seems too difficult for you, but really, it takes no particular genius to be good at these majors.

1. Are you serious? Look back your idiotic post #17.
    2. Wow. Are we in preschool? Seems like it. To say it takes no genius to be good at these majors is plain ignorance and very childish.
  • HardcoreParkourHardcoreParkour Registered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
    What activities (football, newspaper, service, fraternities, etc.) look best for an investment banking or other high-level finance job applicant?
    1. Are you serious? Look back your idiotic post #17.
    2. Wow. Are we in preschool? Seems like it. To say it takes no genius to be good at these majors is plain ignorance and very childish.

1. Don't pick a fight that's beyond your intellectual league. Please. Mistaking political correctness for truth is such a rookie mistake.
    2. No, we're not in preschool; you are.
    ^

1. haha. And what league are you in? If you're in the Princeton League then you do it injustice. You confuse your own intellectualism (if you have any) with stupidity. Don't be a hypocrite now.
    2. tsk tsk.
  • poobear87poobear87 Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    Both of you are making Princeton look bad.

You should be warned that regardless of whether or not you're majoring in a "BS" major or whatever, your childishness will ensure no firm of repute will be interested in you. Time to grow up.
  • BaelorBaelor Registered User Posts: 3,640 Senior Member
    What activities (football, newspaper, service, fraternities, etc.) look best for an investment banking or other high-level finance job applicant?

None, really. Obviously having something business-y is good, but even Career Services will tell you that it's based on grades/leadership (in whatever you want)/personality.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, do activities you actually like. Otherwise I guarantee that you will be absolutely miserable with no upside whatsoever as the "fun" part of your day becomes yet more work.
    Okay. I'm sorry I made you cry, blue147.
2»
This discussion has been closed.