Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Princeton accepts C student

iamahappyguyiamahappyguy Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
edited March 2011 in Princeton University
I received a C in biology, chemistry, and physics. My overall GPA is in the 3 point something range and I have over 2000 on my SATs. I really hope Princeton accepts me. They always say they are looking for diversity. Maybe, academice diversity (not being valedictorian or a national merit finalist) also applies.

Please pray for me.
Post edited by iamahappyguy on

Replies to: Princeton accepts C student

• stevierimbaudstevierimbaud Registered User Posts: 60 Junior Member
    I think that by academic diversity they mean poor students, though? (Not saying you are a poor student, but three c's does say something. I think academic diversity is more that they they value different types of academics: natural sciences, engineering, arts, humanities, linguistics etc...

Generally, I think that Princeton won't accept you if you don't have anything that appeals to them. If you have something special about you - they might overlook your rather poor grades. But if you don't.... All I can say is good luck.
This discussion has been closed.