Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

waitlisted

advertisinggaladvertisinggal Registered User Posts: 84 Junior Member
edited April 2011 in Princeton University
anyone get waitlisted?
Post edited by advertisinggal on

Replies to: waitlisted

• khyu777khyu777 Registered User Posts: 90 Junior Member
    i did........ o_o
  • RockySterlingRockySterling Registered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
    I got accepted into Columbia/Cornell and waitlisted by Princeton, Yale, Dartmouth, Brown, and Northwestern. I don't really feel bad at this point. It's still an incredible honor to be in the upper 1/7 of the already self-selective applicant pool.
  • mrscollegemrscollege Registered User Posts: 659 Member
    My D was waitlisted last year and is now a member of the class of 2014. If u love Princeton, hang in there and good luck!
  • nil desperandumnil desperandum Registered User Posts: 1,948 Senior Member
    I got into Columbia, Cornell and UPENN, Brown rejected me
    Princeton wait listed. Hmm, I wonder if it was just a courtesy wait list, and where I am on their list.
  • swisschocolateswisschocolate Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    I got waitlisted too and Princeton is my top choice, so I'm definitely staying on the waitlist!

Accepted to: MIT, UPenn, JHU (BME program), Duke, UC Berkeley, UCLA, UCSD, UC Davis
    Denied at Stanford -_-
  • telesillatelesilla Registered User Posts: 17 New Member
    Waitlisted at Princeton, Harvard, and Stanford... Hahaha, come on! I'm hoping the most for Princeton to come through, however.
  • StarsAlignedStarsAligned Registered User Posts: 464 Member
    Waitlisted too

To whom/where/when do we send the follow up letters?
  • jaimeleschevauxjaimeleschevaux Registered User Posts: 126 Junior Member
    Telesilla - I was waitlisted at Harvard, Princeton and Georgetown. I know, it feels like some cruel joke. Aren't kids who are good enough to be waitlisted at Harvard and Princeton good enough to be accepted to another Ivy/top school?
    You just send the letter to the Princeton Admissions office. I think the address can be found in the Common App info page.
  • ManyMoonsManyMoons Registered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
    I got my waitlist letter in the mail today, sending it out to save a spot as soon as I can! Not hoping for much, but I'd love to somehow make it off.
  • nil desperandumnil desperandum Registered User Posts: 1,948 Senior Member
    is there any way we can find out the possiblity of making it off a Princeton waitlist?
  • muffinishmuffinish Registered User Posts: 160 Junior Member
    ^Check Princeton's Common Data Sets from previous years to see how many people were offered a spot on the waitlist, how many chose to remain on the waitlist, and ultimately how many were taken off of it.
    From today's Princetonian:

Yield growth not expected with change in admit rate - The Daily Princetonian
    This year, 1,248 students were placed on the wait list, though the University expects only around half of them to elect to remain on the list.

Last year, 164 students were taken off the wait list, and this year’s wait list pool has over 200 fewer students than last year’s.

Despite recent trends, it is still too early to predict whether the wait list will be used, Rapelye said.
  • ShadowhunterShadowhunter Registered User Posts: 136 Junior Member
    Waitlisted as well...let's hope we have a chance!:)
  • silverturtlesilverturtle Registered User Posts: 12,496 Senior Member
    I was waitlisted. I have not yet decided whether I will stay on it. I would probably pick Princeton over my other options, but the prolonged uncertainty is very undesirable.
This discussion has been closed.