Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Sending essay to adcoms + fixing financial aid, what to do?

legendofmaxlegendofmax Registered User Posts: 4,737 Senior Member
edited November 2004 in Princeton University
I want to send an entry I wrote about my father who just recently passed away to the admissions office to be added to my application (it was written about 4-5 hours after it actually happened). I also need to figure out what to do about financial aid, given that my father is no longer living. Who do I call, what do I do? Do I call the admissions office and ask to Email my .doc file? Then must I talk with the financial aid people right after? What needs to be done to accomplish this?
Post edited by legendofmax on

Replies to: Sending essay to adcoms + fixing financial aid, what to do?

  • randomgrrandomgr Registered User Posts: 245 Junior Member
    phone the admissions office and tell them the situation, they'll understand and pass you to the right person I guess
  • ilcapo235ilcapo235 Registered User Posts: 1,193 Senior Member
    Call up the admissions office, tell them you live in X, Oregon, and that you would like to speak to your regional representative re: your application. Then explain the situation - emphasizing the financial aid aspect. Then ask her if you could e-mail her an essay you wrote about your father's death to have added to the file....this way it doesn't seem like you are calling to make her feel bad and let you in.
  • cookiemomcookiemom Registered User Posts: 662 Member
    Sorry aboput your loss- I can't imagine. Definitely call admissions and let them know what happened. They will readjust your finiancial aid, and they'll tell you what information they will need from you. Good Luck!
  • aparent5aparent5 Registered User Posts: 1,372 Senior Member
    Legend, I'm sorry to read about your loss. I lost my father in high school, though to illness, so I know just a little bit of what you're feeling. Definitely call admissions and financial aid. These are real people working in those offices and they want to help students. As Ilcapo said, ask to speak to your regional rep or even to the secretary to your regional rep. We found that once you got in touch with that secretary, you could fax her stuff and she would put it right in the application folder.
This discussion has been closed.