right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We’ve got a new look! Walk through the key updates here.

Princeton ED app reading period.

12345679»

Replies to: Princeton ED app reading period.

• PrincetonwannabePrincetonwannabe 1184 replies220 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,404 Senior Member
    19th doesnt seem reasonable... that means ppl like me from west coast canada wont get it till like the 21st? in that case, they might as well make it a christmas present and make it the 24th,
    · Reply · Share
  • c_jc_j 225 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 226 Junior Member
    It'd better not be the 19th. That's too close to Christmas. I don't want to be depressed so close to Christmas.
    · Reply · Share
  • KebreeKebree 2539 replies25 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,564 Senior Member
    Yeah...I don't plan to start the other apps until after I get that decision.
    · Reply · Share
  • EncomiumIIEncomiumII 1781 replies75 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,856 Senior Member
    19th??? ****/
    · Reply · Share
  • DizzymomDizzymom 513 replies28 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 541 Member
    I think it will be sooner than the 19th.
    · Reply · Share
  • EncomiumIIEncomiumII 1781 replies75 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,856 Senior Member
    isn't it an ivy group commitment to have it as the 15th at latest?
    · Reply · Share
  • KebreeKebree 2539 replies25 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,564 Senior Member
    Supposedly. It think they say you can call if you don't receive notification by that date, but I may be mistaken (ilcapo or Princetonwannabe will correct me on this if I'm wrong).

I think ilcapo's Dec. 10th postmark date seems likely, so if I'm accepted, I should receive notification by the 15th.
    · Reply · Share
  • ilovemathilovemath 178 replies5 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 183 Junior Member
    My sister got hers December 13th in NJ 2 years ago. Hopefully, ours will be about the same this year.
    · Reply · Share
  • perfectdark9perfectdark9 339 replies14 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 353 Member
    If its anything like the process at MIT;

then the applications are read by two or three readers in Nov; they make a summary of the entire app; then comittee meetings start in Dec, when they discuss the summaries/apps.
    · Reply · Share
  • cookiemomcookiemom 607 replies55 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 662 Member
    MIT has a very different admssions process than the other top schools. Every application gets a faculty read, and faculty are heavily involved in decisions. Places like Princeton forward applications to academic departments if they think a student is outstanding in that area and the faculty is interested in recruiting them. The problem with this system is that the admissions office decides which apps get forwarded, so faculty does not always have a chance to have input on students they may be very interested in.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity